Taking on water...

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
I had a post here, but edited it because I didn't want to get too far off track-

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
Greg, good thought, although no cockpit drains on an '89 as we have on < '86 models, he has cockpit sloped aft to rear scuppers thru transom...(as it should have been from the beginning!)
Noted. I was wondering if I should consider building transom drains from the cockpit sole into my obviously much older boat!

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Update, well dock mate's boat is now taking on more water at the keel boats dockside, so we've scrapped the weekend cruise (and the weather isn't cooperating, low's in the 30's overnite). He'll haul it soon, drop the keel and do the necessary. I'll resurrect the thread with the repair process when the time comes, might help someone in the future. Really appreciate all the input on this, very helpful.

Off topic, Greg, definitely do the rear scuppers, do a search here, you'll find plenty on that topic. Many use the CD brass tubes as supplied standard on newer models, some use the Marelon fittings as I did. Either way almost a must do, as the forward drains get easily plugged up with leaves, debris and such. An eze mod, especially compared to all you're doing to your boat.

Cheers,
Ron