Table

Mirwin

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 310 Hixson
hey guys... I know there has been discussion on this topic so please be patient! After all, we did just survive the crossing and Irma. Like most of you, the table is a space stealer. I know some of you have removed it completely....when you remove the post, what does the floor look like? We are thinking tv tables but not sure if we should hang them on a hook or throw them in the aft cabin. Thought about cutting down one side to make it a drop leaf...

I also think a drop table behind the sink would work for doing dishes or setting up coffee. We had one on our freedom and it was a great help.

Let the discussion begin

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
If you remove the post and receiver from the floor you will probably see just the mounting hole screws, and a different color circle on the sole where it has been covered up. I made a table that was in between the size of the cocktail table and the dining table, which initially just sat on top of the cocktail table with wooden fiddles to hold in place. Eventually I removed the receiver from the big table and placed in on my midsized table. If were to do again, I would make the table a little narrower. The mount is slightly offset so the table can turn 90 degrees.

table bottom.jpgtable top.jpgIMG_2813.JPG

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
With the table removed all you get is screw holes. There is no discoloration. I would take a pic but we are chock full of supplies for hurricane Irma survivors to take from PR to the VI.

We put the table in the rear berth when not in use. Now we have draws with a table against the bulkhead and rarely use the TV table.