Registered users don't see ads

Swing Keel Trunk Damage

Discussion in 'Catalina 22' started by LadyHawk, Jun 1, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. LadyHawk

LadyHawk

Joined Jun 23, 2017
    24 posts, 7 likes
    Catalina22 Sunfish
    US Red Rock
    Forever working on this project of mine and always finding new things to fix. Tonight I crawled under her and found this up in the swing keel trunk (getting ready to remove the keel for a good sandblast). The ball was shot when we got her. Ordered a full kit from CD to do a replace. Guessing these nice gouges are NOT suppose to be there. Anyone have this before? image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. pclarksurf

pclarksurf

Joined Jul 13, 2015
    454 posts, 186 likes
    Catalina 22 #2552
    US Kennewick, WA
    Doesn’t look too deep or dramatic — keel appears to be or have been loose enough to slide side to side without the keel cable attached. Keelbyrhnkbis prettg rugged— nothing a good sand and some epoxy won’t fix. Keel eye bolt also appears to be a bit off the center line as well— tidy that up when you install the new hardwar.

Gene Neill likes this.
  3. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,284 posts, 795 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    @pclarksurf ... "Keelbyrhnkbis prettg rugged"? Are you Ambien-posting?? :laugh:

No matter, I agree with you regardless. ;)

4. pclarksurf

pclarksurf

Joined Jul 13, 2015
    454 posts, 186 likes
    Catalina 22 #2552
    US Kennewick, WA
    Holy crap— that’s what I get for typing on a cell phone :) PS the app doesn’t work on the new iPhone iOS .... bummed

I think I was attempting to say that keel trunk is pretty rugged.. or that I needed another shot of rum, either way

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Gene Neill likes this.
  5. Gulfisland Fred

Gulfisland Fred

Joined May 29, 2018
    7 posts, 1 likes
    Sirius 21
    Joe Hill CA Gabriola Island, BC
    I agree, clean it up, smooth it to taste, paint of your choice, and go sailing.

20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.
Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.