Swim platform on my 30

Apr 14, 2014
Catalina 30 Gulf of Mexico
Nice work!! your going to love it this summer, makes it so easy to climb in the dink and its especially useful for picking up drunk Captain's and or crew that can't get back in the boat.......I love mine and so does my crew!!!

Sep 25, 2015
Catalina 30 Middle River
I wanted to report back now that I have used the boat for swimming. Yes it is warm enough now in Maryland to get in the water. I cant tell you how nice it is to have that platform back there. Since it has been added it once saved our keys that was dropped over as we where able to quickly get on the platform and fish them out. It was nice to sit there and read a book while dangling the feet in the water. Fun to fish from. But the best part it is great to get in and out of the water and makes a great float up bar . It is high enough it never drags in the water even when a rail is buried. It is sturdy enough to hold two people without any issues. I highly recommend one if your boat has a solid Transom.

Feb 11, 2012
C&C Mega 30 Long Point, Lake Erie
Designed this one to be retractable, and out of the way.
Deployable from the water as well, if you find yourself in the drink unexpectedly...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Mar 9, 2017
Catalina 30 Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks SwitchintoglideIII, great pictures unfortunately I don't have a walk thru transom. How's life on the left side of the lake?

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks SwitchintoglideIII, great pictures unfortunately I don't have a walk thru transom. How's life on the left side of the lake?
Thought maybe the retracting platform concept might be an option even on a solid transom.

Well this side of the lake is run by a bleeding heart pipsqueak of a Prime Minister that used to get beat up by fellow Canadian, Mathew Perry of 'Friends'....
and is spending money like there's no tomorrow. Back into billion's of debt once again with our Liberal Party.....Life is good in 'Canader'
Aside from politics, a dollar that is actually .73 cents, and you guys buying all our pick up trucks, can't complain...lol.

ON THE SAILING SIDE OF THINGS......we are on Spring's doorstep and stoked for a season on the water again. Lake Erie, Georgian Bay, and the wonderous North Channel he we come!

Mar 9, 2017
Catalina 30 Ashtabula, Ohio
Thought maybe the retracting platform concept might be an option even on a solid trans
Sorry I didn't pick up what you were trying to tell me. Sometimes the elevator doesn't stop on all the floors! Great idea though. I can't figure out how you get the ropes to retract without tangeling. How close are you to Port Stanley? Our guys at Ashtabula race the Port Stanley guys back and forth every year. They are a hardy bunch! They dock next to me when they come on our side. Seems like they never go to sleep. I may be wrong but I think they drink something in brown bottles! Maybe this year we'll renew our passports and join in the race. If you know of a nice F150 Ford pick up give me a haller!

Feb 11, 2012
image.jpg image.jpg
Retracting sheets of the swim platform.
These pics show inside the transom...after doing this configuration I attached light weight 'screen door' type springs to them.

Feb 11, 2012
We are a short drive from Port Stanley, but quite a distance sail wise.
Our Marina is at the very west end of the Inner Long Point Basin (SW of Port Rowan on the map below)...about a 24 mile sail East to round the tip of Long Point....then about 70 miles or so back West to Port Stanley (past Port Burwell on the map)
image.jpg