Stiffening anchor locker hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill

The anchor locker hatch on my 1984 C-30 flexes when I stand on it. I would like to stiffen this. Any suggestions?

B

Bill

making lazy jacks

I ould like to make a set of lazy jacks for my C-30. Does anyone have specific info that they would like to share with me about this project?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Anchor Hatch

Bill Get some marine plywood or even starboard and expoxy it to the underside of the hatches. Stu

J

John

lazy jacks

I made a great set of Jacks I started with SS screw on line guides about 11/2 inches long and taped them into the mast about 40" above the spreaders then I ran galvanized clear plastic covered wire from the line guide down the mast to a 15 doller 3/8 harken pulley.I put white heat shrink tube on the wire.( 2 pices) and crimped steel thimbles on with alum wire crimps then put the heat shrink over the end of the wire crimps and thimble. Make sure you can reach the pulley from the deck so you can rig the line easy.I use 3/8" dacron the same color as my reefing lines I taped SS line guides to the side of the boom 30" in from the the end and again 60" in . Then ran 3/8 dacron line under the boom throw the line guides and tied knots in the frount leaveing loops at each side of the boom about36" high. Then tie a bowline loop aroung the loop on the side of the boom and run the line thru the pullys and under the boom in a figure eight around the mast and back to the side loop on the other side of the boom and tie a bowline loop on to side loop.Now when you pull the loop on the frount of the mast all six lines get tight around the sail.wile sailing I pull all the lines to the boom and bungy cord them I have a solid vang to hold the boom up so when I put the sail cover on over the sail with the lazy Jacks run tight to the mast. hope you can understand this. John

Status
Not open for further replies.