Staying in Ensenada Mexico

Nov 8, 2006
Beneteau 57 San Pedro, Ca
We are thinking of keeping our boat in Ensenada for a year or so. It looks like there are only really 3 marinas, Baja Neval, Cruise Port and Coral Hotel just out of town. Does anyone have any advice on which marina is best, how bad is the surge and anything else I should be aware of? Also, is it worth it to take the bus from TJ to Ensenada or is it better just to drive?

Any first hand experience would be great!

Thanks
Frank

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Only been once, but Cruiseport was fine, and the bus from Ensenada to Tijuana was modern and clean. I'd expect the bus going the other way to be the same.

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I agree with justsomeguy. That marina is convenient and has all the amenities. The bus is easy and comfortable.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
We stay at Coral since it isn't right in town and next to the cruise ship terminal, plus they are terrific and the dock community is great. Also, the Club Nautico Baha meets there and runs their regattas out of there. Great yacht club. Of course the yard is as good or better than any in SoCal (Baja Naval). So, yes, I'm sold. We typically stayed a month there after the N2E. We took our car but with Uber, getting around is super easy. Also, there is a supermarket and big auto parts store across the highway from the hotel.
P.S. to add: I have taken the ABC bus. Very nice. Hadn't in a while since I had crew with me and we just took a van.

Last edited: