Starboard couch replacement

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
@sailor5017 do you have any pictures of the area after you removed the couch but before you began the install? Thanks

Jun 26, 2004
Hunter 41DS Reed Point Marina
No I don't have any pics of the area behind where the couch was..

the teak paneling behind the couch had openings already in it for storage..
I used teak 3/4 in ply to build the finished part of the drawers regular 3/4 plywood for the rest of the draw cabinet The foam was the best quality high density foam so you dont "bottom out " when you sit down Also changed the foam in the dinning area seats to the high density foam got tired of hitting bottom at the table..
Did not salvage the covering off the couch chucked it all

Jun 26, 2004
Hunter 41DS Reed Point Marina
no pictures but the wall went down to where the seat is on the new settee holes where already in it for storage

Last edited:

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
I will look at putting a roller/slide on the bottom of the couch for a short term fix. I know the bottom drawer completely comes out as I have removed it before to fetch things that have fallen behind it. The couch should be able to slide towards the center line allowing access to the area behind, then slide back and lock in place. Soon!

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
I got started with this project. I was thinking I could install some kind of roller to the bottom of the couch in order to access the storage behind the couch. So after removing the drawer, getting under the couch and removing 4 short wood screws the entire couch just slid freely forward . The floor underneath is fully finished teak and holly at the same level as the settee , the wall behind is fully finished and I was amazed at how nice it all was. Now I am building a bench to match the dinette settee to make it look original . once complete I will have cushions made and in the meantime make due with the couch cushions and pillows, etc. My storage space will be easily doubled for that space plus there will be more sitting, sleeping area. I will post pics next post.