Stability Factor for OC 45

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
I'm aiming to do the Annapolis to Newport race in the cruising class this June. Does anyone know the following for an Oceanis 45...
  1. the stability factor:
  2. the type of stability factor: (IRC SSSN, STIX, ORR, IMS)
  3. true sistership:
  4. true sistership sail number:
Or, can anyone tell me where I can get this information?

Jun 1, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Palm Beach
The information on stability factor found on page 22 of the 2015 Oceanis 45 Owners Manual should help answer your questions. If you need a copy of the manual send your e-mail address.

Barry Roberts (OC 45 #125 "Wildflower III")

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Thanks for your reply. I have the manual for my 2016 but there is only a brief note about stability on page 39...don't overload, keep hatches closed while sail... No information about actual stability numbers. Does your manual show the factor and type? Thanks again.
-Steve
Sand Dollar #133

Jun 1, 2016
Steve---Beneteau has several versions of the owners manual. I received one from the dealer via e-mail before purchasing my boat. A hard copy was included with the boat. An online search located a third version. While they are all similar, there are some differences. For example, the 2015 version online at page 22 provides The STIX data. It is an English language manual with a UK flag on the cover--probably intended for the EUK market. The english language version withe the American flag does not include the STIX data. Each of th three manuals has one or two items missing from the others.

Barry Roberts OC 45 #125 "Wildflower III"

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Steve---Beneteau has several versions of the owners manual. I received one from the dealer via e-mail before purchasing my boat. A hard copy was included with the boat. An online search located a third version. While they are all similar, there are some differences. For example, the 2015 version online at page 22 provides The STIX data. It is an English language manual with a UK flag on the cover--probably intended for the EUK market. The english language version withe the American flag does not include the STIX data. Each of th three manuals has one or two items missing from the others.

Barry Roberts OC 45 #125 "Wildflower III"
Any chance you can send me a picture of the STIX info? I have the US manual and my internet searches are not coming up with anything useful. Since our design category for A (At High Seas) is 10 crew, I should be good to go, but I could use some backup! Thanks.

Jun 1, 2016
Steve---provide an e-mail address & I will send the entire manual in PDF.

Barry Roberts

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Just in case anyone is looking for it, the OC 45 fully loaded STIX is 36.9 for the roller furling main and shoal draft keel. The A2N race requires a minimum of 32, so I'm in good shape.

Last edited: