Speaker wires from nav station to above companionway cover in a H41AC

Dec 15, 2017
Hunter Legend 41AC Portsmouth
Hello all,

Anyone offer any advice on the best way to run speaker wires from the stereo at the nav station to the raised bit above the companionway in a H41AC. Please see pics and any advice welcome!
20190619_150656 copy.jpg
20190619_150714 copy.jpg

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
It you are lucky, there is some gap between the ceiling liner and the deck that you could work wire through, up to where you want the speakers. If there is a ceiling light up there, you can be sure there is.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Bluetooth. ;)
Yeah...what justsomeguy said.

I stream music through my phone 100% of the time, so I just skipped updating the stereo and speakers (cockpit speakers are total crap and so is where they're placed in the arch) and went with two Bose Soundlink II speakers which pair with my phone, have a "party mode" to play to both speakers, and you can set them in "stereo mode" as well. They sound awesome, and I just recharge them over night and they last all day - and I can put them anywhere on the boat - cabin, foredeck for the sunset, cockpit, dinghy! A little white Velcro on the speaker bottoms and on your companionway and they stay put very nicely while sailing.

Good luck!

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I found a bluetooth receiver that plugs into the stereo which gives me music through the boat speakers. Also bought a portable bluetooth speaker, but you may want to buy one that floats ( ask me why this is a good idea :rolleyes: )

I installed a wind repeater in that area above the companionway and ended up taking down some of the headliner. Also have to remove that cover as there are no holes through to the cabin.