South Shore Harbor Marina, League City, TX

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Bringing a new to us boat home to South Shore. The #1 and #2 markers for the channel into the marina seem pretty far apart. Anyone with local knowledge? Go in down the middle, favor one side or the other? Sailboat with five foot draft.

Thanks,

Bob

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Bob, don’t have first hand info for SSH but my recommendation for markers/channels in the Clear Lake channel would be to stay in the middle. I’m in Waterford Harbor and draw 6’ and coming/going I stick to the middle To avoiding “touching” bottom. Areas outside of the markers get very shallow (3-4’). I’m not typically able to venture too far into Clear Lake and to SSH. Average drafts depending on tides going into Waterford and Watergate (adjacent marina) are 6 to 7’. the water in the bay and marinas is higher than normal today and the past few days due to strong SE winds pushing water into Clear Lake area.

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
We've had boats in Waterford on and off since '98. Really nice marina but you can't beat the price at SSH. Will probably keep the boat there while we do a bunch of work on it and then when we are ready to head out some we may move back to Waterford.