Solar panel wiring options for H33

Oct 13, 2016
Hunter 33 Kingston
I have a semi-flexible 100 watt solar panel that I want to mount on my H33 bimini (aft panel). I know there are wires running inside the arch for the cockpit lamp and speakers. Wondering if anyone has wired a panel this way. Any tips would be welcome.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I have a semi-flexible 100 watt solar panel that I want to mount on my H33 bimini (aft panel). I know there are wires running inside the arch for the cockpit lamp and speakers. Wondering if anyone has wired a panel this way. Any tips would be welcome.
I have the same arch as you Maurice and was able to feed 10 awg, w/o the outer cover, down the forward starboard arch leg into the aft cabin. I did this to connect to a Gioco GSC170 flexible solar panel that I mounted on the bimini.

Oct 13, 2016
Hunter 33 Kingston
I have the same arch as you Maurice and was able to feed 10 awg, w/o the outer cover, down the forward starboard arch leg into the aft cabin. I did this to connect to a Gioco GSC170 flexible solar panel that I mounted on the bimini.
Thanks for the tip Len. I noticed an inspection port in the aft cabin and I wondered if it aligned with one of the arch "legs". I will investigate.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I did same on my 2007 H-36 and had the wires exit the rear port pipe bolted to hull
and had to drill another hole in arch at top arch near speakers for heavy wires
Ran wires to under nav station to my charge controller.
I have 2-195 wall panels over Bimini using the arch and one rear support of bimini.

Attachments