So that we may reminisce during the winter

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
Diesel, sweat, mildew, exhaust, and of course the holding tank. This could be a money maker for Yankee candle

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
A must have for the Admiral. We have no diesel leaks on the boat, but whenever she boards the first comment is always that diesel smell. Does not smell like diesel to the skipper, but more like boat locked up for periods of time. A combination of bilge and moisture that emanates from sitting in salt water. Smelly evergreen perfume stuff helps. Does not bother my milk farm barn nose one bit.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I’ve almost got the epoxy smell out so time to add something to complain about. Bilge would not be my choice. Do they make rotten 90 weight??

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Bilge, diesel, epoxy, seaweed, sweat on vinyl, chlorine bleach in a scrub bucket and creosote are some of my favorite smells.
I also love the smell of horse, cow and chickens.
I've lost the ability to smell most bad odors (It really frustrates my wife. No more, "does this smell bad to you?") because of the last bicycle face plant I did about 7 years ago. That was concussion number 6. I think I'm done with concussions. It took awhile, but I've decided I don't like doing things I can't remember doing afterwards. I've had a lot less headaches this last year so I'm getting better, but my smeller is getting worse. Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to smell the bilge handle. Creosote would still work, I think.
(note: this picture shows pilings that were put in upside down).

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
I wonder if they have "Permeated head hose". It would remind me of wandering the brokerage docks during boat show season.

Could be just shortened to "Head". It would go well with "Bilge" for the complete effect.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I wonder if they have "Permeated head hose". It would remind me of wandering the brokerage docks during boat show season.

Could be just shortened to "Head". It would go well with "Bilge" for the complete effect.
*THAT* would be a violation of the VIII Amendment ban on cruel and unusual punishment! :yikes:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The candle is a classic already. Here's my problem with the offseason
Why do you need to save money if not to buy boat parts? I don't get it.
OHHHhhh!
You are saying you need to save money because you see boat parts to buy.
;):thumbup:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
That's also been my problem this year as I've been shopping all the seasonal "deals". I must admit, I got some great deals on an outboard, anchor, solar panels, etc for some upgrades to the other boat we just bought. Maybe I should just look at it like my wife does when she shops at Kohls...look how much money I saved. I just wish Defender and West Marine included boat bucks with the purchase.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
West Marine included boat bucks with the purchase
West Marine does have a points program. West Marine Advantage or something like that. If you join BoatUS you get to be a gold member and earn points faster. But watch out for the prices at WM, they tend to be high.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
West Marine does have a points program. West Marine Advantage or something like that. If you join BoatUS you get to be a gold member and earn points faster. But watch out for the prices at WM, they tend to be high.
People swear by WM, but I don't see the attraction. I visit them when I am in a city that has one, but I usually come out empty handed.