So rad radio problem

Jul 29, 2014
beneteau oceanis 45 south haven, mi
I have a 2014 OC 45. The electronics are the B & G Touch. The radio is the Simrad RS 35 and HS 35. Everything works well for a few hours until the HS loses connection to the base radio. The only way to reconnect is to shut down the base unit. This causes me to lose all wind info. I then have to shut down the power to all the electronics and turn everything back on. B & G said it was a faulty masthead unit. I am now on the third masthead unit but no success. The dealer said there is an update he is planning to install. Anyone else had this problem? Frustrating while underway. Thanks.
Tom Bilyeu.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Definitely try the updates to all of the components. The RS35 in particular caused a lot of network issues until the last couple of firmware updates.

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
I agree with @Davidasailor26 - I had the RS35 on my previous boat, and I have the V50 (the B&G version of the same radio) on my boat now, and had some funkiness until I updated all of the software.

Jul 29, 2014
beneteau oceanis 45 south haven, mi
My dealer updated both the main unit and the radio. This solved all the problems. Who knew? Thanks for the help.