Slips available at Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, Ca

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I know this is not an "Ask All Sailors" but I just wanted to inform anyone that there are slips available. The location is in Southern California on the Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton. From my understanding there are 4 available. This is rare as it took me 5 years of waiting to get a slip. But now there are 4. Go figure.

So if you are Active Duty Military, Retired Military, or have a DOD-ID card you should be eligible to get a slip. Please don't ask me about the slips because I really don't know. I can tell you about the marina but that is all.

If you qualify and have a boat in San Diego Harbor but live up here in North County, you might want to check was is available.

Contact information is in the link.
http://www.mccscp.com/marina/

Chart for the Del Mar Boat Basin
https://www.oceangrafix.com/chart/zoom?chart=18758

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Cool! But as often as we deployed, it was hard enough to keep a car, much less a boat! I would definitely do this if I was retired and living in the Pendleton area.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I have a nephew stationed in San Diego. He’s a crew chief flying ospreys with the Marines. I taught him to water ski when he was about 13. I wish I had taught him to sail. *sigh*

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Most Marine Bases are located on or near water. That's what we do, Amphibious Operations. I am sure if he wanted to, he could take sailing lessons. Camp Pendleton is where I took my sailing lessons.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I am sure if he wanted to, he could take sailing lessons...
That’s the big if. He married a hotchick Marine right before he was deployed. Then she was deployed right after he got back. Now they’re finally together again. I doubt I could get him very interested in sailing right now. Youth is wasted on the young. *sigh*

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
(You see that’s how they get you, you bring your boat in to the slip and next thing you know is that your involved with an amphibious group swimming towards some beach.). Wait a minute, that’s what I did yesterday.