Shower sump

Aug 26, 2007
Hunter 41DS Ventura, California
2007 41DS aft shower sump pump runs but drains very slowly if at all. Shower water is also draining into the bilge so I assume the drain hose is torn or plugged. Some water will exit the thru the through hull so the hose is probably still connected.
How do I get at the pump to service it? There are no access panels so do I go through the drain and if so how do I remove it?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
There is a screen in front of the stupid itt wobble pump. It needs your attention.....or you can replace with a whale gusher, that has no screen and will pump golf balls over board. I replaced both of my sump pumps and am very glad I did.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Hair, threads, soap, etc. need to get cleaned-out regularly. Eventually, it's an issue.

We have a Rule kit that you can buy pre assembled. It's includes a pretty large filter that can be cleaned-out.
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/rul...2c289c&gdfms=9B114838451F49DBAF0397BB2880824D

upload_2017-10-15_17-57-32.png

WHERE IS THE WATER THAT IS LEAKING COMING FROM? It might be stopped-up, but I think that it shouldn't leak. Is it back-up in the sump on the discharge side so that the sump overflows. That might be a back-flushing or you might just need to clean-out the bump intake?

Aug 26, 2007
Dave,
I thought I had every diagram available but not that one- screen plugged problem solved!
We are in Avalon now so will explore the bilge water issue when we get back to Ventura. Thanks!

Aug 26, 2007
Thanks to all who responded. I love it when I don't have to tear something apart to fix it!