Shoal draft vs. deep keel

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodger

Who's IN

I talked with Kevin at MARS Metal and the fin keel sounds promising. I am going to talk to my yard and see the cost to remove and install new keel along with adjusting my cradle. You still in Robert?? Anyone else?

D

Daryl

Bad Investment !

By the time you're done you'll have $10,000 more invested in a boat that's still a HUNTER. How much more will your boat be worth after the change? A better idea would be to trade your boat plus the $10k for some thing better.

A

Alan

Whats"..still a Hunter" mean??

Daryl, You are obviously not a real sailor. First of all, the total change over will not cost $10k more like $7500 but money aside, the performance improvement is not like investing in the stock market. You sound like "those people" who are forever knocking Hunters. Believe me when I tell you that I've taught plenty of nonHunter owners a couple of things about what Hunters can really do when properly sailed!! I made the investment a few years ago and would do it all again in a NY minute. At that time I had nobody to ask for advise, so I bit the bullet and made the change. Now I can say with certainty that it was well worth the effort.

M

Mark

Daryl

Darrrryl Come clean what breed of yacht do you sail? (and please remember the story about the little wooden guy with the growing nose)

Status
Not open for further replies.