Sheave sizes (and diagram) Kenyon Mast 4873

Jul 5, 2015
Ericson 34 Nanaimo
Hi all,

I am at my wits end and seeking a diagram and information on the sheave sizes, pin sizes, and any other hardware I need to replace all of my sheaves in a Kenyon 4873 Mast mounted on a 1989 Ericson 34. I have had a buddy go up in a bosun's chair twice, and he took photo's of mast head which for some reason I can't seem to upload here. Can anyone advise sheave sizes, pin sizes, spacers (if any) how many in total, and if possible, a diagram? I'd like to get everything ready prior to converting to all-rope halyards and installing an extra main halyard line and getting ready for a spinnaker halyard as well.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks all

Kris

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Better chance to find someone with the same boat if you post the question at www.ericsonyachts.org.
Photos are helpful for sure, but it's too bad your friend did not measure the sheave width and diameter.

I have an EY-built boat, 1988, and the spar section might be (?) the same. I had all of those alum. sheaves (gently) machined smooth when we had the rig down to replace the standing rigging over a decade ago. We had just changed over to all-line halyards and those original sheaves had some grooves and scarring from the wire running over them.
I found that ultra-low-stretch line (T-900), sized at 5/16" worked much better than 3/8 and also holds in the stock clutches.

Loren