Shake, rattle, and roll

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Nice image.
I didn't upload a file. I saw that appear when I posted.
My guess it had to do with that interactive Map I linked from Kloudie1.
______
By the way all the stuff in my post are linked to Earthquakes, include the disappearing Dinosaurs and time for petroleum generation.
Jim...

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
We get plenty of booms in Huntsville living next to Redstone. Fun times and pretty cool as long as you know why your house windows are rattling.

I wad sentto Japan for site safety after the tsunami and we were receiving small after shocks for months. One early morning a big one came in while I was on a company/would wide telcon. I got everyone pretty excited when I let them know the buildings were moving a bit and the ground was heaving up a d down.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
@shemandr got it right...
Guess when the number of Gulf Coast Earthquakes have HUGE increase?
During Hurricanes!
_______

Example calculation as to why...
Normally atmospheric pressure pushing down on the Ocean surface is 1000 millibars or 14.7 pounds for force per square inch of ocean surface.
Hurricane Diameter 100 miles or ≈ 7,854 square miles.
Now reduce the atmospheric pressure from 1000 to say 980 millibars over that area.
You will relieve ≈ 3,000,000,000,000,000 tons of atmospheric weight off the ocean floor, and that reduction MOVES.:yikes:

Note: This is a rough model to show the massive weight reduction only.

If you clicked on the Map link to show where the Gulf Quake was, you will see at the edged of the "continental shelf" of the Gulf
One hypothesis is the "Meteor that hit the Earth", the extinguishing the Dinosaurs caused the Gulf of Mexico.;)
Making the Earth begin to wobble and made our Seasons.
Jim...

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I have experienced two earthquakes on boats and one Tsunami. Interesting and different. I would always head out if able into deep water. after a major quake. I always keep the boat well filled with water & supplies after being evacuated from our home three times, twice for a wildfire.