Setting the standing rigging on a 29.5 with a single spreader set

May 10, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Beaver Lake, Roger, AR.
I’m new to Hunters and with the exception of a Hobie 16 many years ago new to sailing. We purchased a 1996 29.5 and I believe that the standing rigging is not set correctly. The diagram and instructions in the manual that came with the boat as well as what I’ve found on line, all show the mast and rigging with 2 sets of speaders. My boat has only a single set. The mast bend is about 14 inches and the forestay moves 6 inches side to side 3 inches either side of center fairly easily. In a a 10-12 knot wind with the sails loaded the non loaded side of the standing rigging has about an 1 1/2 of slop/ looseness.
Can someone point me to diagrams and instructions for tuning the rigging I have. Any tips or hints would be welcome as well

Thanks

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
I checked the pictures of 29.5’s here:

https://hunter.sailboatowners.com/album/album.php?task=model&mid=22

Looks to me that some have single, and some double spreaders. At least some, and maybe all are B&R rigs with swept back spreaders. Search the forums, there are a number of threads on tuning a B&R rig.

With mystery leaks, we have located them by using sponges and towels to remove all water from the bottom of the boat. Then you can watch for where the first water comes from. We have also spread paper towels to help track down the first water coming after drying the bottom. If the leaking seems to happen while under way, and not at the pier, check the cockpit drain hoses.