serpentine belt for M25XP

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Anyone know of a source for a serpentine belt for an M25XP? I found a kit for the M25XPB but they say that it will not fit the XP.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Anyone know of a source for a serpentine belt for an M25XP? I found a kit for the M25XPB but they say that it will not fit the XP.

Balmar can likely configure a kit, I've done a number of them, but you will need to take specific measurements of the crank pulley & water pump pulley as Universal shipped the M-25XP with multiple different pulley configurations. Universal had a huge lack of consistency during this time frame. Unfortunately this engine is not just "order by part number"..

I can get you through this and depending upon your specific configuration may be able to come up with a solution: compassmarineservices AT gmail DOT com.

This is an M-25XP with Balmar Serpentine kit and 120A 6-Series...

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Balmar can likely configure a kit, I've done a number of them, but you will need to take specific measurements of the crank pulley & water pump pulley as Universal shipped the M-25XP with multiple different pulley configurations. Universal had a huge lack of consistency during this time frame. Unfortunately this engine is not just "order by part number"..

I can get you through this and depending upon your specific configuration may be able to come up with a solution: compassmarineservices AT gmail DOT com.

This is an M-25XP with Balmar Serpentine kit and 120A 6-Series...
Thanks Maine or is it Mr Sail? This would be for a Catalina 30 Mk2 and I looking at your photo I suspect that I will need to make some modifications to the door and frame that covers the opening at the front of the engine. Where would be the best location to measure to see if it will fit and how far out does it project?