Seattle charter......

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
so my brother moved to Seattle and I figure I have never been there so I may take a trip and visit. But damn if I’m gonna spend a week at his house. So figure if I’m going out there maybe grab a charter boat for a few days and see the beautiful sailing grounds. Wife and I love solitude and beautiful anchorages. Any advise..........

Thanks!
Greg

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Rent from either Bellingham, Anacortes or San Juan Island. Much nicer than down sound.

Lopez Island- fisherman’s Bay - near shops and food at Lopez villsage
Lopez Island - Spencer Spit nice beach - look for rocks
Watmough bite - Lopez again nice beach amazing cliff
Sucia - Fossel Bay or Echo Bay
Wescott Bay San Juan Island

Loads of others - look at wagners online.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Les is right. Another way to say it is that there are less "go for a few days" anchorages right outside of Seattle than if you drove the few hours to Anacortes or Bellingham for a few day charter.

Waggoners is a PNW/BC/Alaska cruising guide, used to be available online but no longer, but tool around their website to see what you can learn.

Any charter op would be able to give you local highlights and recommended cruises online even before you sign up.

Didn't say when, but it's darned cold for us here now (46F highs, freezing or below at night). 10F blow normal all last and this month. Get a heated boat and bring long johns. :) Weather has been clear this week. Three days out? Yeah, right...:)

Safe flight and happy chartering.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Greg.
Lots of fun to be had. Seattle is great but a couple of days away from remote anchorages. There are plenty of places to go and discover with marina or park bouys to use. Fun sailing waters. The Waggoner’s Guide is a great resource.

When are you considering a visit?

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Thanks... sounds like a little drive would be well worth it. I do plan for the hotter months of the season and probably not till late this summer or the following summer. Just were talking about it with the wife and thought I would start my inquiries.....

Again Thanks All!!

Greg

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
If it were me, I’d drive to Vancouver and charter with Cooper Boating. For close in there is Howe Sound. A bit further, there is Pender Harbor. Across the Strait ( 30 n.mi.) there is Nanaimo and the Gulf Islands. Granville Island in Vancouver is a great place from which to launch a sailing charter.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Summer months are nice.... But Winter Sailing is exciting....
IMG_0111.jpg

Crossing the Georgia Strait, 10Feb2019. Ward Hutton at the wheel and John watching for waves aboard Mahalo. Temps Chilly, Wind 23 knots, seas 4-6. Canadian Coast Guard - Small Craft Storm Warnings....

It is a glorious day sailing.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
And a few hours after that photo was taken we were heading into Annette Inlet on Provost Island where we anchored in the midst of driving snow. We had a blast!

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
These guys are tougher than most. Summer is the time to visit, but I'm not sure going north Is required. Blake Island is just a short distance from Seattle as are Bainbridge Island, Paulsbo, Bremerton, Port Ludlow, Port Tounsend, or even Gig Harbor. If you prefer to anchor there are lots of gunkholes. I think it depends on how much time you have. For only a few days I'd certainly stay local.

Ken

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
These guys are tougher than most. Summer is the time to visit, but I'm not sure going north Is required. Blake Island is just a short distance from Seattle as are Bainbridge Island, Paulsbo, Bremerton, Port Ludlow, Port Tounsend, or even Gig Harbor. If you prefer to anchor there are lots of gunkholes. I think it depends on how much time you have. For only a few days I'd certainly stay local.

Ken
I agree being this id my drinking ground but as a one time shot I would have to recommend north.