Season's over :(

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
Pulled Verboten for the season on Saturday. It took 4 tries to get her on the trailer right despite the new keel guides I made. I had the trailer closer to the dock than usual and finally figured out that I was hitting something with the trailer and it was ending up at an angle. Don't know what it was but it did a job on my license plate!

Jul 22, 2013
Catalina Capri 22 Mk II Salem Harbor
Chris,
I guess the season's ending for many of us. My haul out is set for October 5. While it's been a good summer, I wish I could turn back the calendar to late May and do it all over again.
September has been foggy at times, but uniformly six to ten knots and that I eat with a spoon ! Well, on further consideration there was the three, four days of Irma when wind and waves made sailing unappealing.
Wooster
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
My boat came out a few weeks ago. Between some health and work things, I did not get to sail at all until August. My "Ophelia" handled very poorly especially in light winds and tidal currents.

Previously I had used Interlux Micron bottom paint. Even if I did not sail frequently, the bottom was relatively clean when put on the trailer. Typically got two seasons without recoating.

This year I decided to save a bit of money and use a different brand. When Ophelia came out, she looked like she had a '70s style shag rug growing on her bottom!

Perhaps if I used her more this season like I normally would have, the growth would not have been so extensive. I decided to spend the extra money to apply Interlux Micron bottom paint this Spring.