SeaFoam

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
Well I have a atomic 4, which means I have to always clean my carb jet. She has been running rough lately, so a friend of mine said to try Seafoam fuel additive
Well Holy Sh@#, it's amazing, after adding it to my fuel and running rough for a few minutes she began to run smooth. It cleans buildup in the carb and treats any water.
I don't recommend many if any products, but this sure gets mine. Has anyone used this product? By the way it also works for diesel.
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend:)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I have used in cars a few times. There's a technique for pouring it thru the vacuum like the hose on the brake booster. Cleans out carbon and stops pinging. You have to be very careful so as not to hydrolock the engine.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I live by it... however, I once mixed too much in my fuel on the 2.5HP motor. The motor would not start anymore. Really ticked me off. Had to drain the fuel and drain the carb. Eventually I got the right mixture and it runs like a champ.

Yep, this guy also recommend SeaFoam.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
I've done lab tests relating to corrosion and gum. Yup, good stuff, not snake oil.

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
Sounds Great! Can anyone give us the recommended ratios for mixing say Gas vs. Diesel!

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
When I change my primary filter I fill about half way with sea foam, the rest with diesel..... everything runs very smooth. On old boat (1986) yanmar) when I first bought her it sounded as if engine would cut out at idle..... very rough. I filled primary filter with sea foam and engine after that ran like a champ. Smooth at idle.

Greg

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Sounds like it is universally endorsed! I've added it to diesel fuel. I can't say that I needed to, but it has not done any harm, for sure. I have old fuel in the tank that has been there over 2 winters now (didn't add any fuel last year). Thanks for reminder, I will add some during a fill-up tomorrow!

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Sounds like it is universally endorsed! I've added it to diesel fuel. I can't say that I needed to, but it has not done any harm, for sure. I have old fuel in the tank that has been there over 2 winters now (didn't add any fuel last year). Thanks for reminder, I will add some during a fill-up tomorrow!
In fact, I did some testing of Seafoam (as well as many others) with diesel and it was NOT effective against gum, fouling, or corrosion. I would NOT recommend Seafoam for that. Startron is a better choice for diesel (See PS reports).

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I've only used Seafoam in gasoline engines. My Yanmar diesel gets Startron Enzyme Fuel Treatment and Biobar JF. I have an H2Out inline fuel vent dryer to keep out moisture