SeaDek Knock Off.... worth it?

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
I was doing some product research on something totally different (adhesives), and I got a Google hit to this Ebay link;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-Adhes...302449758929?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Looks like a SeaDeck knock off, but at less than 1/2 price per sheet. This size converts from 240 cm x 90 cm to 95.5 inch x 35.5 inch. That is longer but narrower than what genuine Seadek sheets are sold in, but at 1/3rd the cost. Checking the seller's other listings, they also have 47" x 94", so larger than genuine SeaDek.

So as with anything on eBay, you take a risk and get what you pay for. This could be a poor substitute or it could be the same stuff from the same factory where Seadek is made. I think the biggest risk is with the quality of adhesive. Since it's cheap, maybe someone is willing to give it a go?

FYI, in my other threads you can find where I did my entire cockpit, cockpit seats, and coamings with 2 sheets of genuine Seadek in Storm grey faux teak, I posted the link to my source. I also want to do the interior floors, which will only require one sheet, in something other than grey. LOL, maybe I will be the product tester....