Registered users don't see ads

SeaDek cockpit in a C22

Discussion in 'Catalina 22' started by CloudDiver, Oct 9, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Milton.Audas

Milton.Audas

Joined Aug 31, 2011
    187 posts, 3 likes
    Catalina C-22
    US Lake Rathbun, IA
    Mate. Looks great. Like rpludwig, I have been chasing a nagging crack in the cockpit sole for a few years. Epoxy and fibreglass wouldn't tame it. Was considering glassing in a new floor over the old but this will look SHARP ! It comes in regular coloured faux teak which is what I may run with but your grey does look sharp as a pin !! It may also look nice in the saloon floor and under the galley table (I have previously posted photos of the 'peel and stick' teak vinyl that i laid in a couple years ago which looks nice but nothing compared to this stuff). Already on the Winter maintenance & Upgrade list. Ordering soon. Thanks for the link...

Attached Files:

2. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    1,970 posts, 470 likes
    Catalina 22, Albin Vega 27
    US central Florida
    You done good, my friend. You totally went outside the box and got a huge win.

pclarksurf likes this.
  3. Ward H

Ward H

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    1,455 posts, 84 likes
    Oday 25
    US Barnegat, NJ
    That looks great but doesn't the winch get in the way?
    I think the gray was a good choice. I've gotten samples from SeaDeck hope to use it in the future. Thanks for the links.

4. CloudDiver

CloudDiver

Joined Sep 8, 2014
    2,296 posts, 260 likes
    Catalina 22 Swing Keel
    US San Diego San Diego
    You can see the cut outs for the winches in the coaming pads. One of the pics shows a winch sitting in the spot but not bolted down. I used a stainless bowl from IKEA that was just slightly larger than the diameter of the winch base to slice out the pattern.

5. Ward H

Ward H

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    1,455 posts, 84 likes
    Oday 25
    US Barnegat, NJ
    Yeah, I figured it out but I did give it a second look at first.
    Was the material easy to cut? All the cuts look smooth and crisp.

6. CloudDiver

CloudDiver

Joined Sep 8, 2014
    2,296 posts, 260 likes
    Catalina 22 Swing Keel
    US San Diego San Diego
    Super easy to cut with a straight edge and standard razor knife (don't bother with little Xacto blades or fine surgical blades). For the rounded edges I used a stationary disc sander but be super gentle. I used a big bowl upside down to cut the winch reliefs.

7. ShotgunSlim

ShotgunSlim

Joined Dec 5, 2011
    439 posts, 70 likes
    Catalina Catalina 22 #13632
    US Phenix City, Al. Phenix City
    Beautiful job Luke. I predict that 10 years in the future, the next generation of C-22 restorers will be coming back again and again to Chip Ford and CloudDiver for their information.

:worship:

Richie50, Gene Neill and rpludwig like this.

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!