Sanitation Hoses

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Peggie, would you please provide your feedback on the new Thetford Marine's Tecma-branded premium rubber HosePlus 38 and PVC HoseHelix 38 sanitation hoses recently published in the April issue of 48 Degree North magazine? Some consideration here for replacing what we have.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Hi Peggie, would you please provide your feedback on the new Thetford Marine's Tecma-branded premium rubber HosePlus 38 and PVC HoseHelix 38 sanitation hoses recently published in the April issue of 48 Degree North magazine? Some consideration here for replacing what we have.
Did they report any 3rd party testing or long-term use, or was it a new product introduction blurb?

The former hose is butyl, which has horrible oil compatibility, so don't flush any cooking oil. Butyl generally does well with odor. Soft PVC is generally poor with odor, so much depends on their "odor shield."

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
First I've heard of it, so I did a little homework. Their Hose Plus 38 appears to be Thetford's "me too" version of Raritan SaniFlex Raritan Saniflex Sanitation Hose Vetus sanitation hose also looks very similar, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're all the same hose. The Tecma PVC HoseHelix 38 seems to be a "me too" version of SeaLand OdorSafe hose (if it's even that good). They're all made in Italy, though I'm not sure whether all by the same company. Vetus is a European company...Tecma's roots are in Europe ...so I have a strong feeling that the US marine market won't be the primary market for Tecma hoses... We'll see.

I tend to go with track records instead of sellers' claims. Trident 101/102 and Raritan SaniFlex continue to have the best track record so that's what I'd advise you to go with.