Registered users don't see ads

Sanitation barbed fittings....

Discussion in 'Marine Plumbing and Sanitation' started by NYSail, Apr 19, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. NYSail

NYSail

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    1,669 posts, 63 likes
    Beneteau 423
    US Mt. Sinai, NY
    I need T fittings for 1 1/2" sanitation hose (Raritan Sani / Flex). Where is the best place to get QUALITY schedule 80 barbed fittings......

Thanks!

Greg

2. thinwater

thinwater

Joined Mar 26, 2011
    1,799 posts, 266 likes
    Corsair F-24 MK I
    US Deale, MD
    Quality fitting s for sanitation hose are typically smooth. Raritan and Dometic carry them.

3. Peggie Hall HeadMistress

Peggie Hall HeadMistress

Joined Dec 2, 1997
    6,718 posts, 444 likes
    - -
    US LIttle Rock
    Dometic/SeaLand has a full selection. It's impossible to find anything on the Dometic site any more...they force you to their "authorized" retailers....this is a link to all their fittings on one of 'em Dometic.SeaLand hose fittings But once you know what you're looking for, you can find 'em at a lot of retailers.

plenny7 likes this.
  4. NYSail

NYSail

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    1,669 posts, 63 likes
    Beneteau 423
    US Mt. Sinai, NY
    Thanks Peggie!

5. plenny7

plenny7

Joined Oct 3, 2014
    107 posts, 38 likes
    Hunter 33.5
    US & Lake City, MN
    @Peggie Hall HeadMistress THANK YOU for posting that link! I had bought replacement holding tank for my 33.5 Hunter from Ronco. They helped me find just the right replacement to fit in the same spot. One thing I had not considered was the height of the fittings and the fittings they sent stood too high to be of any use (original fitting was a welded aluminum elbow on the original aluminum tank). My choices seem to be find shorter fittings or a shorter, lower capacity holding tank. The link you posted shows a 1.5" tight elbow that looks like it should fit just fine! I'm to double check my available clearance and get a couple of those ordered ASAP!

6. Peggie Hall HeadMistress

Peggie Hall HeadMistress

Joined Dec 2, 1997
    6,718 posts, 444 likes
    - -
    US LIttle Rock
    FWIW, When you order the tank be sure to tell Ronco you want the fittings to be flush with the outside...their standard fittings installation puts a nipple on the outside of the tank that's about 1/2" high. And include the "collar" on the threaded tank fitting in the space needed above the tank. A 1.5" 90 typically needs at least 5" above the tank...it looks like a little less for the SeaLand fitting. I'd buy the fitting before ordering the tank if I were you, so you can measure the space needed above the tank yourself.

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.