Sailboat Transport/Trailer rental

Oct 25, 2018
Miller 29 Kenmore, WA on Lake Washington
Hi everybody,

I’m curious to see if anyone knows a few good sailboat movers/transport companies in the Seattle area? I am considering moving my sailboat to my place (only 50 miles away from where the boat is moored), but I don’t have a trailer. It’s a Miller 29, with a fixed keel.

What companies would you recommend?
I don’t have stands or a cradle, so I’d need to have the boat taken off the trailer and put on stands.

Does anybody have an 30’ sailboat trailer they would let me rent?

Is there a place to rent sailboat trailers?

Basically, the boat needs interior and hull work, and I’m considering hauling it to take home.

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Just a few thoughts. If you do not have the experience of moving a boat like that, then get a professional. Forget U ship or those like that for this. I would suggest a hydraulic trailer with stands provided for support. Big wood blocks will be needed for the bottom of the keel to sit upon on a hard surface or ground. Insist seeing his insurance card or dec sheet to insure they have insurance for the haul. I am on the east coast so I am not sure but if there is a local yard or sailboat dealer nearby, why not call them for a recommendation.