Sail Loft Mississippi gulf coast....

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Are there still any sail lofts in say Gulfport or Biloxi Mississippi ?? Internet search and I've found nothing..... Anybody on here know ?
If not Mississippi Mobile area jAlabama ? or even Mandeville La.

I used one 20 years ago in Gulfport, but can't even remember the name or location of it...

Also I didn't explain, I don't need new sails just yet, just wanted some repair done to my existing sails....

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
There was a great guy in Biloxi. I used him but that was 20 years ago.

Rick Zern is the closest guy I know of to recommend

Rick would be happy to give you a reference if he is not close enough.

http://zernrigging.com/

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
added a statement to original post.
right now I'm not looking to replace the sails, just need some repair work done....

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I had my furling jib, my bimini window replaced and all restitched, in addition to the new Main.
Jim...

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Schurr repaired a jib that split for me . Did a fine job very quickly so we could return to Mandeville. We got busted by a wind burst offshore Pensacola.

Mar 2, 2014
Catalina 22 Ocean Springs, MS
I live in Ocean Springs and there are none that I know of. People I know use Ullman.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I have used Ullman sails in Mandeville, LA also. Contact is David Bolyard. They have done canvas work as well as sail repairs for me. Very pleased with the quality and quick service. Would definitely use them again.

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
I agree with the folks that recommended Schurr Sails in Pensacola. They have done a great job for a new headsail, but even better job for repairs to my torn main and also releasing the bolt rope on my main. I highly recommend! BrianW