S2 Decals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2004
Cape Dory 30 Ketch Kemah, Texas
I just purchased an S 2 and are having graphics made. I am in the printing and graphics business. If you need one let me know size and color. I am making both side decals and for the companionway and also smaller lettering for the side stripes. On my S2 I have one black logo 3.5" tall on port and starboard side of the companionway. I am going to add one on each side of the stearn on both sides same size. I am also adding a white logo on the clear lexan companionway slat. I am also adding my hailing port across the stearn in 4" letters. Once I decide on the name I will place that just aft of midships on port and starboard sides on the hull. Any ideas or recommendations welcome. I am basically restoring the boat with a lot of updates.

I found a rebuilt YSM 12 engine in Port Aransas that I will install soon as my mechanic checks it over. I am also going to install a new fuel tank with a clean out access. We just repainted the engine compartment and put in new bilge pump and float switch. That was pretty tricky due to the lack of bilge access on the S2 8.5. Looks like I will have to replace the prop and shaft due to previous owner's lake of maintenance. I will have to haul out and do a bottom paint and replace some thru hulls. I put a new bimini and replaced the running rigging. Lot's of work! Trying to get ready for fall sailing.

Last edited:

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Thanks for the offer! I can't recall if I need them, but will check next time I am aboard. I am pretty darn far from the boat at the moment...in France...but will get back to you.

Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
I think I could use some for the sides of the hull. Mine are dark blue S2 with many thin stripes. Is this what you're having made? Approx. what cost?

Scup

May 18, 2004
S2 27 Southern Lake Michigan
Interesting! There are a number of different S2 decal designs. For example, on the sides of my coachroof by the companionway, there is a stylized 27 decal, made of a series of horizontal stripes. The topsides decal is also made from striping (see attached picture). If you had a template, such as a rubbing, would your business be able to make these, as well well as the standard logo?

I just purchased an S 2 and are having graphics made. I am in the printing and graphics business. If you need one let me know size and color. I am making both side decals and for the companionway and also smaller lettering for the side stripes.

Attachments

Nov 8, 2004
I bet the sailing in France is wonderful. I live only about 50 miles from my boat. I may get to sail in Switzerland on Lake Geneva next year with my friend that is from there.

Nov 8, 2004
Yes we can if you can email a photo with a size or scan a rubbing and email to me.

May 8, 2010
S2 11.0A Racine, WI
I have been looking to replace mine, but at the moment I am out of the water and covered up (Wisconsin). I am definitely interested in the spring. I will be posting back to see if you would still be able to make them. Hopefully you will save the graphic for printing until then. I know of people around that have been asking about them. I read somewhere (I think it was somewhere on this site) that there isnt any support for the S2 from any company so they (S2/tiara) have Ok'd the reproduction to sell them. I just haven't found anyone making them until you. Thanks for printing them. Maybe you could be "our S2 decal guy" that supplies the s2 fleet with replacement decals:)

If you would like to send me your email for you company i can contact you through there as soon as I can see which ones I need and the sizes. Jkrueger@wi.rr.com

Jun 27, 2011
S2 9.2C Leech Lake Walker, MN
texasprinter, are you still doing S2 graphics? We need new lettering for our S2 9.2. It sounds like it is a different size than yours. The port and starboard lettering is 3" tall. If you can help, I can provide measurements and I think I can scan the rubbing. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2004
I have them both Horizontal and vertical. Vertical 3.5" tall X 3" wide , horizontal 5" wide X 1-3/8" tall

Jun 27, 2011
S2 9.2C Leech Lake Walker, MN
Thanks for your quick reply. I have attached the scan of the rubbing and photos of the black port side decal (starboard decal is the same) and of the companionway white decal. The companionway decal is the same size as the S2 portion of the port side decal. Please contact me at bzahlen@hotmail.com with pricing. Thanks again.

Attachments

Sep 23, 2010
S2 6.9 Grand Slam Yorktown
Hello Texasprinter,

Can you do anymore S2 decals? I have a 6.9 that needs the
vertical ones on the cabin sides. Looks like they were originally in
a royal or medium blue.

Thank you...BruceH@cox.net

Aug 30, 2011
S2 8.0B Longview, WA
I just purchased an S 2 and are having graphics made. I am in the printing and graphics business. If you need one let me know size and color. I am making both side decals and for the companionway and also smaller lettering for the side stripes. On my S2 I have one black logo 3.5" tall on port and starboard side of the companionway. I am going to add one on each side of the stearn on both sides same size. I am also adding a white logo on the clear lexan companionway slat. I am also adding my hailing port across the stearn in 4" letters. Once I decide on the name I will place that just aft of midships on port and starboard sides on the hull. Any ideas or recommendations welcome. I am basically restoring the boat with a lot of updates.
I could use 2 decals for my 8.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.