s2 8.0a Restore update

Apr 14, 2014
S2 8.0a 26' Cape Coral, FL
I haven't posted in a few months so i thought I'd do an update. Still on the hard. I'm hoping to find a slip somewhere around here and launch this fall. Not sure if the wife will let me though. I still have my last youngin in college.
Anyway, I wanted to show off my new custom sails from Somerset Sails out of upper state New York. I ordered these back in January and i think they were delivered in Febuary. When i laid the main out with the mast and boom i found the tack to be little to close to the end of the original boom. I've had a hobie 14 mast laying in my yard for last 10 years so i decided to put it to use and make a new boom with an extra 12" and a custom 2 to 1, internal outhaul. I also added a lazy jack and a topping lift. Still need to install attachments for the boom vang.
On the Genny side is a 130 and is attached to a new Schaefer Snap Furl 500. All new haylards, mast completely rewired with new lights.

Also, over the winter installed a Domitec Sealand head (head and holding tank all in one with a deck pump out, as well as a macerator, seacock and new through-hull. The macerator pulls from the bottom of the tank by way of a merilon through hull. I can talk more about head configuration if anyone is interested.
Btw, if you ever go into a West Marine where there is a bunch of college kids working and ask for a seacock, pause and wait for the snickers. Always funny.

See my latest albums for the pics.
Regards, John