Running Lights Beneteau 37.

DLW

Feb 9, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Limited Irvington VA
Recently bought a 2013 37 ltd. The starboard navigation light is not working. I removed the mounting bolts and see that the led lights are embedded in the light casing. Is the whole unit completely replaceable , could there be a fuse on the wire. Thanks for any advise.
DLW

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
If you haven't already sign up for the Beneteau spare parts site at http://spareparts.beneteauusa.com. It looks like they have the whole fixture there for $16.50. It's part number 011974 and it seems to say it was used on hulls 24 and above. Honestly I'm pretty surprised it's that inexpensive, and it looks like they carry a different more expensive model for earlier hulls, so you might want to contact them to confirm, but that could be a start.

DLW

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks you. I also wonder if you might know about the water pressure pump. I recently filled both water tanks to dewinterize the system and could not get the flow going. The pump came on and I ran it for a minute or 2 but very little came through. Is there priming required on the system?
Thanks

Aug 27, 2014
Beneteau 373 San Diego
Check the strainer that is just in front of the pump. Most likely it is clogged or fouled with slime. Turn off the fresh water breaker first then open a faucet to let out any presssure. Unscrew the lid of the strainer and see what's in the screen. You should not need to prime.

May 17, 2004
The strainer is one possibility. On our 37 the strainer clips into the filter housing just before the pump. The other possibility is that if the water heater was left empty it will take a bit of time to fill its 6 gallons before the pressure can go anywhere else. The pump itself should self prime. Also try closing the input valve from one tank and just pull from the other.

DLW

Feb 9, 2018
Yes the hot water tank is empty, I'll give that a try. will that fill automatically with the tanks full or do I need to have the pump running to fill it. Thanks for the help.

May 17, 2004
To fill the hot water tank you'll need to run the pump and leave a hot water faucet open. You should hear gurgling noises as the heater fills, then after a few minutes water will start coming out of the faucet.

If that doesn't fix the problem the next thing you could do to troubleshoot is to disconnect the hose from the pump output and quickly run the pump. That should spray water out of the output, and should help you isolate whether the problem is with the pump or with the plumbing after that point.