Rumba Escape

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Hello Sunflower,
Welcome to SBO. The HIN should be on the transom either "scratched" into the hull or applied as an emblem. I think that a boat of a rotomold style of material will have the letters and numbers scratched into the hull like on many kayaks. Otherwise, if no HIN is on the transom look into dry storage areas if there are any or look under any decking areas. I have only looked at pictures of the Rumba, so I have no specific information.

You might also ask a dealer or another owner....especially the person from whom you bought the boat. If registration is an issue you will need those numbers. If the boat was already registered the information should be part of the transfer paperwork.

RE: your trailer question. Any small boat trailer should be fine since the weight is low. I would suggest a bunk style trailer. Two 2 X 4 pieces (the bunks) bolted to the frame will support your boat's hull for as long a distance as possible. You may need to adjust those supports up or down/ narrower or wider to make loading and supporting correct.

Best Wishes, 31seahorse