Rudder play. 260

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
I have read the threads that show the lower bolts as the cause of side to side rudder post play.
It looks to me that the play is from the lower Starboard bushing . Has anyone had to replace theirs. If so did they by it from this site and how hard is the fitting.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
When I went to search the subject, I too cannot pull up earlier posts unless someone is better at it than the two of us. Although Phil and Bly are still around helping the new owner of SBO, the new owner is quite familiar as he use to work at Hunter on the production line, warranty and sales to dealers and customers. Hunter set up retail with SBO, so they would be a good source.

I am responding as some follow my posts and hopefully someone can direct you. Anyone here, can you help MaxinCalgary. I am not sure if he lives in Canada or not and if he does, oh boy the costs of shipping to Canada can be high.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Couldn't remember the exact configuration and the boat isn't nearby but eventually found the rudder drawings.

The ring of starboard at the lower mount holds the rudder post in the vertical position preventing the post slipping down. - It does not provide any lateral support to the rudder post - that is provided by the lower mount which hunter calls the "lower bushing" which is simply a hole For the rudder post in the starboard.

There is definitely play in this system on our boat - not sure if you could put a bushing insert in the lower portion to remove the play or build something around what hunter calls the shaft stop. (The starboard ring at the lower mount)

http://www.marlow-hunter.com/wp-con...odel-Information/260_1997_2005/260 rudder.pdf

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I'll see if I can get Al to take a look at this today... we are climbing a mountain of commissioning season requests, though, so it may take a few days to get @Al Fooks on it.