Roller Furling Jib

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curt Brown

I have a Harken roller furling jib. For some reason it is very difficult to furl and unfurl. It takes some swift back and forth movement...of the intake line and the out take line. The darn thing seems to be binding and has been for 3 or 4 years. I am ready to change to another brand..any suggestions? Curt B

M

Mark Gale

Furl

The only problem I have had is the spinnaker halyard winding in at the top on occasion. Otherwise, my Harken works fine. I read about guys stripping out the inside of the furler line thus leaving only the woven outer cover for line. Supposedly the line lays flat and will not bind. I guess you have to make sure it's strong enough, thoug. I always keep a little tension when rolling or unrolling to prevent binding. Good luck

J

J. Solis

Furler

I'am having the same problem with my 28MKII. In strong winds the furling line comes off the track and difficult to get back in. What works for me is maintaing pressure on the line while unfurling and on the jib sheet when furling. I must say this does not always work. Good luck!

P

patrick e. boole

furler

i changed to the cdi flexible furler. i works better and it is simpler and least expensive. have had to harken but prefer cdi.

R

Ray Cochrane

furling

My works fine .....now. Check to see if you have a halyard retainer, if not make certain the top swivel is near the top and the halyard at a small angle. Also be certain the tension on the furling line is very light, do this at the dock in zero wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.