Replacing water heater and cabin sole on 1992 Hunter Legend 33.5

Jul 20, 2017
Hunter Legend 33.5 Lake Champlain
Water leaking from the water heater located under the settee, against the galley counter on the starboard side, has saturated a section of the teak and holly sole and rusted the salon table base. Attached photo shows the location of the stained of sole and rust on table base.

I'm looking for guidance on the steps to remove the sole plate that the table base is bolted to and passes under the settees and galley counter.

Also suggestions on which manufacturer would be the best replacement for what I believe is a discontinued Force 10, 6 gallon water heater. I've found 4 different manufacturer models. Seaward, Camco, Kuuma and Atwood.
Thank you for your posts.
Mark

Attachments

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
On our '92 H33.5 the PO replaced the original water with a Seaward water heater, model S-600. It's a 1500 watt, 6 gallon tank which fits well in the same location. I've been impressed with how quickly the water heats up with the electric element. The others you mention could be just as good though.

Attachments

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
I replaced the heater on our 94 33.5 with the Seaward s600- works well and easy installation - remember to install the anode in the new heater

Jul 20, 2017
Hunter Legend 33.5 Lake Champlain
Thank you TGRADY, NVEATER and PLENNY7,
Sounds like the Seaward hot water heater will be a good replacement. I probably won't do the installation until next spring, but I will post photos of the project. I'll be replacing the sole under the heater and table also.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Mark