Replacing vinyl hull liner in aft cabin

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
The original vinyl hull liner in our aft cabin is starting to show some age. It is not ripped but has some slight discolouration appearing from various cleaners used over the years.
Has anyone taken on the chore of replacing there’s ? It looks like it should be easy to remove but wondering what source of materials can be used for replacement. Any suggestions or experiences welcomed.

Thanks

Twille

Oct 8, 2012
Hunter 38 Henderson, nc
Sailrite has the hull liner material and video’s on the install. I used their stuff in another boat, looked good.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
@Canonshooternb I see you are from the Great White North as well. My headliner was falling off after 34 years of wear and tear and I wanted to be a little warmer too.
HULL LINER.jpg HULL LINER REPAIR.jpg HEAD LINER.jpg
This was my practise side of the aft cabins. 1/2 in. of insulation plus wood T@G and new head liner from a Marine /auto place. In the end it looked pretty good. Will do the other room this fall.

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
@Canonshooternb I see you are from the Great White North as well. My headliner was falling off after 34 years of wear and tear and I wanted to be a little warmer too.
View attachment 163758 View attachment 163759 View attachment 163760
This was my practise side of the aft cabins. 1/2 in. of insulation plus wood T@G and new head liner from a Marine /auto place. In the end it looked pretty good. Will do the other room this fall.
Yes from The Canadian East coast. I will have to see what is available here at an affordable cost

TAK

Nov 29, 2009
Beneteau 381 Punta Gorda
This winter, I used the Sail Rite foam backed hull liner material to replace the hull liner in the forward cabin. Cleaned off the old foam residue real good and hit it with a wire brush. Follow the directions on the adhesive and the Sail Rite video - More adhesive is better as you really need to have good coverage on the hull and the new hull liner materiel to ensure there are no air bubbles. Also for a long piece, a helper would be good as you really only get one chance to get it positioned correctly. I used the old liner (after vacuuming the old foam off) as a pattern and folded the edges over about 1/4 inch to sew a finished edge on the bottom and sides.

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
Art,
Any chance you have pictures of attachment methods and final work.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
If you're replacing it with new vinyl the trick is getting all the old glue off. When my liner started peeling off I replaced it but didn't clean the surface well enough. New stuff peeled off too. Ended up replacing it with wood slats which worked and looked much better.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
The original vinyl hull liner in our aft cabin is starting to show some age. It is not ripped but has some slight discolouration appearing from various cleaners used over the years.
Has anyone taken on the chore of replacing there’s ? It looks like it should be easy to remove but wondering what source of materials can be used for replacement. Any suggestions or experiences welcomed.

Thanks
I pulled mine out, and replaced with ash planking. Looks amazing.
My post is on the forum