replacing the water pump - gully water pipe Beneteau Oceanis 400

Nov 9, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 400 Brisbane, Australia
Hi,

I just find out there's a small water leak on the pipe that goes from the freshwater pump to the gully sink, and as such the fresh water pump gets automatically and continuously triggered if just turned on as there's is no air seal. there's also a small hissing sound coming from the back of the Stove/oven, which is the pathway of the gully sink water pipe.

I was thinking about disconnecting the pipe from both ends, joining one of the ends to a new pipe, pull the whole thing from the other side and replace the pipe that way BUT then I've found out there's a few more parts connected together that don't allow for the easy " pipe change" operation.... I need to get behind the oven some how..

I am trying to find a way to get behind there but haven't been successful.
does anyone knows what the best way to get to the back of that panel behind the oven/stove?
BTW I have a 1996 Beneteau Oceanis 400 with a 3 cabin configuration.
I guess it will be a similar plumbing configuration to a 411 or a 393 with 3 cabins and the port side gully configuration.

thanks in advance,
Fabian

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
I would suspect connections before I would suspect a leak in the pipe itself. Have you seen water somewhere as evidence of the leak, or is the continuously running pump the only symptom? I ask because I've seen that symptom when air gets in a filter or the pipe from running dry.

Nov 9, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 400 Brisbane, Australia
I would suspect connections before I would suspect a leak in the pipe itself. Have you seen water somewhere as evidence of the leak, or is the continuously running pump the only symptom? I ask because I've seen that symptom when air gets in a filter or the pipe from running dry.
Yep! you were right! there's a 3-way connection at the back of the stove/oven, and it was the connection between the aft head hot water hose and the 3-way connector!! it took a while sorting it out because the length of all 3 hoses is just right without any extra room, as such connecting them with a proper seal was a bit hard. After the second attempt there was still a few drops coming out of the 3-way connector BUT this did not alter the pressure of the system and thus did not activate the fresh water pump! makes me wander if this seemingly small and unnoticeable leak has anything to do with the bit of water that I occasionally find in the bilge!?