Replacing galley faucet

Feb 6, 2013
Hunter 31 Deale, MD
Can I use an RV faucet, or is the a necessarily "marine" specification for the application?

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@IH82BL8 you can use anything you like for a faucet. Brass is good, bronze is better, stainless steel is likely brass in side, nickel chrome and plastic with brass insides can be used. All of them, or at the least parts of them, will corrode eventually on the boat. You might find RV ones serviceable or the Big Box store brands functional.

Just know that water on a cruising boat is like gold in the bank. Some fancy faucets will give you a gusher on your hands and down the drain, while emptying your tanks. This can be vexing as you start out onto a 3 day cruise with little or no water on day 2 and 3.

It is more a question of which design you fancy, how miserly the faucet is to use, and what you want to pay.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Can I use an RV faucet, or is the a necessarily "marine" specification for the application?

Thanks.
Our 1991 boat came with Grohe brand faucets throughout. Still look and work as good as the day they were installed.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Grohe Brand... Designed in Germany (GROHE products carry the seal of quality “Made in Germany”)... Those were a serious boat upgrade..
GROHE Ladylux 1-Handle High-Arc Kitchen Faucet. $664.34
  • Touch activation of water via skin contact
  • 360-degree swivel spout
  • Pull-out dual spray with locking push button control to switch from regular flow to spray
  • Max Flow Rate 1.75 GPM (6.6 LPM)
GROHE pursues the brand values of technology, quality, design and sustainability, seeking to offer the “Pure joy of water”.
at Lowes online order only....
And that is the simple one... I like your taste in faucets...

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Grohe Brand...
Our 1991 Grohe galley faucet was discontinued long ago (also matching sets for both forward and aft head sinks and shower ensemble), but still works quite well and looks brand new. A few years ago, as I was on my run past this garage sale, a fellow had a sink with the identical galley faucet attached. I offered him $10 for just the faucet and he accepted. Now I have a spare that I will likely never use, but you just never know, eh?

FaucetGalley3.jpg

That is a PUR brand water filter attached to the spout that I use for drinking and cooking.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
I have an inexpensive big box faucet in galley and RV version with pull out for head/shower area. Both work great and have been installed for the past few years.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
Many boat manufacturers use RV faucets and such. Really no such thing as a "Marine" faucet.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I've use standard (like Delta) household 'bar' fixtures in the galley of a few boats. 4" pattern, high neck, perfect fit, easily serviced. They have flow reducers that help and are easily adaptable to marine plumbing.

I adapted an old bath facet in the head of our boat. Uses easily replaced washers and packing. This fixture is fantastic for low flow. Old screw type handles, you have to really unscrew them to get much flow. That makes then perfect for the boat(and probably why they were taken out of household duty).

Yeah I know, it wouldn't look right in most boats, and they are hard to find.

Head Thor sink, fixtures (1 of 1).jpg