Replacing Bilge hose ODAY 322

Dec 28, 2015
O'DAY 322 Bridgeport CT
My 1.5" bilge hose is deteriorated to the point it is broken off 2" long in the bilge area. Anybody know how long the replacement has to be?
Also is it possible to connect the secondary bilge pump to the same hose as the manual pump in the cockpit?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Can't help you with the length, but reusing hoses and thru hulls for bilge pumps is generally frowned upon. The systems should be as separate as possible for redundancy.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Not a good idea to tie the automatic pump discharge into the whaler.
I think the bilge discharge is out the stern of the boat...so you could measure back from the bilge pump and add an extra foot or 2 for curves and turns. I am not near my boat at the moment, so cant be more specific.

Greg

Jul 12, 2011
Oday 302 st pete
On the 302 the manual bilge pump exits through the stern by tying into The starboard cockpit drain line. You could tie your 2nd bilge pump into the other cockpit drain line. I believe our designs are mirrored, so your manual pump is tied to your port cockpit drain.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Your bilge hose probably has a loop in it to prevent it from filling up your boat when waves are hitting the stern. So add some length for that also.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
I won't be at my 322 till next weekend, if I remember I'll measure it up. I summer right across the Sound from you in Mt Sinai!