Replace porta pot with more permanent system

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
When I purchased and refurbished my 1970 Tartan 34C, I removed the hand pump head that just discharged overboard. I put in it's place a Thetford 565E porta pot. Which is fine but would like to upgrade.
I have priced out toilets , holding tanks, and assorted hardware. I have marine accounts with several Marine supply warehouses.
The cost is high even buying wholesale. Are there any other options available? To be honest I purchased the boat for less then the system would cost, with myself doing the install. I would especially would like to hear from Peggy.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
I got the Thetford 550P MSD with the pump out attachment. I am going ot be running a pump out hose and a vent hose. We sail on a smallish lake so this will work fine for emergencies or overnighting.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I would especially would like to hear from Peggy.
:)You rang?

An MSD portapotty ("MSD" in the model name/number means it has fittings for a pumpout line and vent line, and is designed to be permanently installed--actually just sturdier brackets than portables, so you could still take it off the boat if you absolutely have to-- which means that although it's still called a PORTApotty, you don't have to carry anything off the boat to empty it.) is one solution, but I'm not sure it's the most appropriate solution for a 34' boat.
It would be easier to sort out all your option if we can talk instead of type...so send me a PM and we'll work out a mutually agreeable day/time to spend 30-45 minutes on the phone. We can report our findings back here.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein