Replace main and jib halyard sheaves at mast base.

Nov 14, 2018
Hunter 26 / 33.5 Eden isle, Greer’s ferry lake
Both sheaves and guard are broken on my H26. Is this a big deal? Thanks. Rog
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Nov 14, 2018
How about a photo to mak sure of mast mfg?
Dave. These are in the top of cabin. Not in the mast. I will get a pic when I get the cover off. I have the sheaves and guard. Just need to get them installed. Thanks. Rog

Nov 14, 2018
Well the family’s all gone for a bit so I’ve been on the boat trying to figure this out. It looks like I might be able to raise the hatch at the forward end (hinge) and be able to get to the aft end of sheave shaft. So 2 questions. Has anyone done this and is there a service manual available for this boat. I have nothing else to do.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Big Rog
Went back to manual ansysaw nothing to remove that pin. See if there is a removable panel inside the boat in the area underneath the rollers. If so see what is underneath.

However if memory serves me that pin is held in with 5200 sealant. I think I tried to remove the sealant on the end of the pin I think most forward and then used aflathead screwdriver tapping it out in the area of the blocks. I would recommend a new divider between the sheaves too. I could not tell if lines are crossed and if so redirect them.

Anybody else please chime in. It has been years since I removed that pin. When started out pull with pliers. Send a private message if you need further help.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
If I remember right the sheaves are tight on the shaft and that is what holds the pin in

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
If that was a metal surround (like the mast), I'd say there was a short group of splines around the shaft. They'd be maybe 1/4 inch long from one end. You'r put the smooth end of the shaft end in first, the the spined end last. Tap in to seat the splines in the glass/metal.

Nov 14, 2018
OK. It took about 45 minutes and was exactly as Jimmy said. Hardest part was getting the pin out far enough to grab with needle nose. Thank you all for your help. Rog