Remote throttle/gear shift for outboard

Nov 20, 2013
Catalina C-25 Cleveland
It is very difficult for me to operate controls for my 1984 9.9 hp outboard while docking due to erratic winds at my marina. Purchased a used remote control for this motor and need help finding or making cable brackets for the motor and installing them on the motor. Any help and pictures would be great. Thanks!

Nov 20, 2013
Catalina C-25 Cleveland
It is very difficult for me to operate controls for my 1984 9.9 hp outboard while docking due to erratic winds at my marina. Purchased a used remote control for this motor and need help finding or making cable brackets for the motor and installing them on the motor. Any help and pictures would be great. Thanks!
sorry it's an Evinrude.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I was able to convert my 1984 Johnson 15 hp ob to a remote controls. I found a kit at one of our local boat shops. He had one in stock but it was the last one and it was incomplete. He tried to order another but they were no longer making it. I had to remove the tiller handle to install it. When I was going to sell the Johnson I took the remote parts off and replaced the handle. The parts are laying around somewhere. I'll take a look to see it I can find them and photograph them for you. The kit was expensive $150 for what you get, but it was worth my time to buy one anyway.
I replaced the Johnson with aTohatsu 18 and converted that as well.

jimg

Jun 5, 2004
catalina 27 dana point
Warner Boats in Costa Mesa, CA. has every part, large and small for those motors. I have kept my collection of Johnson/Evinrude 2 strokes running for years with parts from them. It is also where I got all my brackets, cables, etc. for my remote controls. Give them a call: 800 515-5174, or 949 631-2810