Refrigerator for 2005 Hunter 44 AC

Sep 10, 2018
Hunter 44AC Maryland
We just purchased a Hunter 44 Aft Cockpit - basically the same boat as a DS but with a lower profile. The current refrigerator is shot - any advice on a good replacement?

Also, we'd like some advice on a good source for marine leather or vinyl salon cushions (online or B&M). Our boat is currently in Solomons, MD.

Thanks,
LaShon

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
Replaced the interior cushions on our 2005 H44 AC 3 years ago. We used Custom Covers Canvas in Clinton Ct. I'm guessing our boats have the same cushions and Barbara may still have the templates she used for our boat.

Attachments

Sep 10, 2018
Hunter 44AC Maryland
Sorry - Hunter 44 AC - as far as shot - it just doesn't work and the seller was unable to fix it so we need to purchase a new refrigerator.
unfortunately, i do no know the brand of the refrigerator but i'll check this weekend - it's the original that came with the 2005 Hunter 44 AC - thank you

Sep 10, 2018
Hunter 44AC Maryland
Replaced the interior cushions on our 2005 H44 AC 3 years ago. We used Custom Covers Canvas in Clinton Ct. I'm guessing our boats have the same cushions and Barbara may still have the templates she used for our boat.
thanks for the information - your salon looks great - that's exactly what i'm envisioning - wondering if there is a place closer to annapolis that can do it for a reasonable price

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
If you're going to be in Solomons for a while, check with the sail loft @ Zahniser's.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
I am in the process of replacing the Danfoss BD-35 compressor on the refrigerator in my boat which was factory installed by Hunter. This compressor is mounted away from the refrigerator, under the floor of the boat and connected by 5' of refrigerant tubing. This refrigerator removes by unscrewing a metal frame in the front and pulling it out. Don't know if your is similar, but if it is I can let you know how I repaired it.

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
The factory installed fridge on my boat is a Coolmatic which I believe is now part of Dometic.