Recycle bin

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I'm wondering what solutions other C310 owners have come up with for collecting/segregating recycle cans and bottles. Putting it all in the under sink trash and doing the separation at the dock is a mess, but there's not much space for another can, at least not that I can easily figure out. I guess not drinking would also be a solution, but I'm not doing that!!

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
We have a mess bag on the life line in the cockpit. It hangs just off the boat so any liquids drain overboard. We put glass and metal in that to separate it. Well we used to. No recycling in the Virgin Islands.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
I wish our marina had a recycling program - they probably don't because the trash hauler they use does not support one. Including the club house bar, the amount of aluminum in a weekend would be nirvana for a dude with shopping cart! What "I" should do is separate out the cans and bottles and bring them back home where we do recycle.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I wish our marina had a recycling program - they probably don't because the trash hauler they use does not support one. Including the club house bar, the amount of aluminum in a weekend would be nirvana for a dude with shopping cart! What "I" should do is separate out the cans and bottles and bring them back home where we do recycle.
Ditto. We have a 30, not a 310 but we have room for an extra trash bag for plastic, glass and aluminum. Then it goes into my recycle cart at home.