Recommended spare parts for Raritan SeaEra toilet

Pat T

Feb 15, 2009
Catalina 36MKII Waukegan, IL
I installed this electric pressurized water head about 8 years ago and it has been one of the best improvements to the boat - Happy Admiral you know. It still is working as advertised but I wonder what will fail first? My thought is to have a spare motor? What is you experience with electric heads and failures or what are your spares to carry?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I installed a Raritan Sea-Era electric sea water toilet about 6 years ago. At the time of purchase I bought a rebuild kit that was comprised of the joker valve, gaskets, and other misc. parts. Last year, at the 5-year mark, I replaced the joker valve. This Spring I bought a new joker valve to replace the one I used. I have not replaced any other parts. I think there is also an intake rebuild kit, but I never bought one.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
After 8 years it's definitely time to put a rebuild kit in it. The discharge impeller and some seals and gasket can become worn...not like they do in manual toilets, but anything rubber has a lifespan and a rebuild kit is good PREVENTIVE maintenance.

Wouldn't hurt if you went ahead and put the kit that you've had onhand for a while too, Rich. Preventive maintenance is always cheaper and easier than cure. And the best thing about PREVENTIVE maintenance is you get to do it when the toilet is clean and the bowl is empty...that's never true of cure. How often any toilet needs it has more to do with how much use it gets than age.
--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein