Really Bad Craigs List Ad

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Wow! Every now and again you see one that really makes you shake your head.

This is the entire ad
  1. only one picture
  2. The manufacturer is listed as Morgan but the model listed as a Catalina
  3. The only thing they tell you about the boat is the fact that it has a table you can remove from the salon and hide in the V-berth.
  4. And lastly.....!!!!! They list the propulsion type as power. WTF
upload_2018-9-6_15-34-13.png

https://florencesc.craigslist.org/boa/d/the-main-salon-has-large/6645999526.html

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Well, the ad is certainly short on details!

However, there is such a beast as a Catalina Morgan. In May 1984 Catalina acquired Morgan yachts and built some Morgan Catalinas (or Catalina Morgans?) in Florida. Scroll down to the history: https://www.catalinayachts.com/about/

If you want a look at a sister ship, here's one for sale at a slightly higher price: http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_detail.php?adid=463118 It looks to be a boat built for the charter trade or cruisers.

At least the ad has received wide spread attention. :beer::)

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I'd bet that's an estate or family getting rid of her.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Personally I wouldn't buy a boat without the main saloon table option. That's make it or break it for the deal. Hey rgranger, are you looking for yet another boat? How many is it now? Tell me true!

Jan 19, 2010
Personally I wouldn't buy a boat without the main saloon table option. That's make it or break it for the deal. Hey rgranger, are you looking for yet another boat? How many is it now? Tell me true!
I will never tell..... :)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I can tell y’all right now that there is no, and mean NO, marina in Florence, SC. Maybe Myrtle Beach but NOT Florence. Other than that I’ll take it!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I don't really think it was designed for charter use because the tankage is shy by a fair amount. Or at least that's the case for the sister ship referenced. But there's no reason to think it isn't a platform for a marina queen or live aboard. You couldn't pay the taxes on a waterfront property for that price. You can send the engine to a museum.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I wouldn't buy a boat without the main saloon table option.
Removable table just reeks of a cheesy, neglected, daysailer that has been rotting in the backyard of a house that somebody wouldn't pay to remove before they sold it.

philzZ

Oct 26, 2017
Catalina 310 Sunset Marina, Ocean City, MD
I surprised they didn't add Salisbury, MD in the boat description.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I can tell y’all right now that there is no, and mean NO, marina in Florence, SC. Maybe Myrtle Beach but NOT Florence. Other than that I’ll take it!
Wait until storm Florence goes by- then you'll NEED a marina!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Pamlico-Breakfast.jpg
Removable table just reeks of a cheesy, neglected, daysailer that has been rotting in the backyard of a house that somebody wouldn't pay to remove before they sold it.
Hey! I resemble that remark.:cool:

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
There are plenty of folks who just love the room and convenience of these old production center cockpit boats. I find them about as attractive as a Winnebago but if you want a good utilitarian sailboat to take mother down the coast in comfort, this isn’t a bad option. This thing has the accommodations of a 45’ aft cockpit boat and you don’t have to sleep in a stinking vee-berth! I have sailed one and it won’t win any races but that isn’t what the boat was built for. Attractive price.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Personally I wouldn't buy a boat without the main saloon table option. That's make it or break it for the deal. /QUOTE]
This was sarcasm on my part. The table arrangement isn't even on my list of what to look at when buying a boat. But I noted it was the only information offered by this CL seller. And so I was trying point that out - evidently unsuccessfully.