Registered users don't see ads

Raymarine ST1000+ Install on Mac 25

Discussion in 'Ask A Macgregor Owner' started by Wakulla212, Dec 6, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Wakulla212

Wakulla212

Joined Nov 5, 2014
    24 posts, 2 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US St Marks FL
    Does anyone have any photos of an install of Raymarine ST1000+ tiller pilot on a Mac 25? I've made the purchase and soon hope to do the install. Was wondering if anyone has advice on any suplimental hardware needed, or fashioned to facilitate. I have done some searching on the forums but haven't located any info specific to the Mac 25. Thanks.

2. topcat0399

topcat0399

Joined Aug 22, 2011
    1,008 posts, 78 likes
    MacGregor Venture V224
    US Cheeseland
    Since I'm frugal and I found the mounting bits and pieces from the OEM to be exorbitant in price I fashioned this mount from extra bimini parts I had laying about.

The tiller pilot in the picture has since been replaced by the same one you have.

My install isn't quite finished yet (as with everything), since I have plans for the wiring and such. I will be gluing the brass bushing into the the flattened piece of round stock to minimize the slop.

Attached Files:

3. RussC

RussC

Joined Sep 11, 2015
    1,147 posts, 489 likes
    Macgregor 25
    US Oregon lakes
    1/8" x 1.5" Aluminum strap from the hardware store and a block of oak cut to fit.
    s.s. strap was formed for the tiller end, with the pin welded in. the unit stays it it's standby position most of the time however ;) .
    P1060012.jpg P1060013.jpg

4. justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Joined Feb 20, 2011
    6,744 posts, 1,065 likes
    Island Packet 35
    US Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX

5. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,553 posts, 1,069 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    Impressive!

6. THECUSCUS

THECUSCUS

Joined Sep 25, 2008
    832 posts, 49 likes
    Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38
    US NORTH EAST, MD
    I don't have any still pictures of my St2000 install, but you can see it pretty good in this video if you pause it. All I did was drill a hole in the cockpit combing and epoxied the mounting bushing that came with the unit in the hole ( I did epoxy a block of wood inside so the bushing had something substantial to go into). I also had to buy a ram extension piece so the ram would reach the tiller. It works fine and there is nothing there when its not in use.

Tsatzsue likes this.
  7. Wakulla212

Wakulla212

Joined Nov 5, 2014
    24 posts, 2 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US St Marks FL
    Thank you everyone. Some really great ideas. I will steal several of them for sure. Raymarine is certainly proud of their mounting hardware and extension parts judging by the prices, so I am looking with interest at the options above that reduce those purchases.

Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!