raymarine st 4000

Jun 11, 2015
S2 9.2A Muskegon
I am having problems with my raymarine st 4000 tiller pilot. It keeps saying low battery and then some times it turns of momemtarily, i have checked the wiring connections and they are all good. What could be causing this....

Jtoben

Jan 14, 2011
S2 11.0a Holland, MI
Friend had the same problem with his. He fiddled without good results for years and finally the problem was solved when he got new batteries. Load from the autopilot would drain the batteries he thought, then the autopilot would turn off. The batteries seemed to revive a bit, the autopilot would turn on. After new, higher amp batteries the problem completely disappeared. It doesn't really make sense, but FWIW....

Jun 11, 2015
S2 9.2A Muskegon
Friend had the same problem with his. He fiddled without good results for years and finally the problem was solved when he got new batteries. Load from the autopilot would drain the batteries he thought, then the autopilot would turn off. The batteries seemed to revive a bit, the autopilot would turn on. After new, higher amp batteries the problem completely disappeared. It doesn't really make sense, but FWIW....
I dont think its a battery issue i have 3 84 or 82 ah hour batteries that are only a couple years old....it does it with the engine running as well...i think im just gonna replace it this fall. Thanks though