Raymarine Software Updates

Feb 16, 2012
Hunter 45 CC Alamitos Bay, Long Beach
I have a Raymarine E-120 Radar / Chart-plotter, on my 2005 Hunter 45 CC. Bought the boat new so the unit is about 12 years old. We upgraded the Raymarine GPS antenna from the original RS 125 GPS to a RS 150 GPS antenna.
I went on Raymarine's website so as to download the software updates for the E-120, since I currently had version 4.29, and the new updates are up to V-5.69. I downloaded it to the flash card via the card reader, checked to see that the the card had the data on it, and took it to my boat to upload, but found out that there was nothing on the flash card.
I have since tried several more times. Each time the card indicates that there are files on it, but nothing happens when I try and up load it to my E-120 on the boat. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Thanks,
Jeff / Hunter 45 CC

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Make sure the flash drive is not too big (usually under 32gb) and format for fat16 or maybe fat32
Les
My e7d will show blank for 64gb cards
<<edit>>
According to this web page it wants between 32mb and 256mb and it is best to format the card in the plotter b4 you write to it on your pic

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Your flash card must contain a special file on it before your MFD will upload it. That happened to me the first time and had to double check it got loaded, on my second time. It is in the fine print of their instructions.
Jim...

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Did you unzip the files on your pc before you loaded them on your chip? Before wifi I had to download them to my pc first, unzip and load files on the drive chip for the MFD.

Feb 16, 2012
Your flash card must contain a special file on it before your MFD will upload it. That happened to me the first time and had to double check it got loaded, on my second time. It is in the fine print of their instructions.
Jim...
Can you tell me more about how to format my card?

Feb 16, 2012
Did you unzip the files on your pc before you loaded them on your chip? Before wifi I had to download them to my pc first, unzip and load files on the drive chip for the MFD.
Yes I did download to PC, then unzip, then on to the flash card. Reading all of the responses so far I think first is that my card is too BIG, then I need to "format" the card prior to trying to download the software updates.
Jeff

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 49 123
Is the card a scandisk brand card? When I updated my E120 I was told that I had to use a scandisk card.

Feb 16, 2012
Is the card a scandisk brand card? When I updated my E120 I was told that I had to use a scan disk card.
All I know is that the "SanDisk Compact Flash Card" is compatible with the card slot on the Raymarine E-120 Radar / Chart Plotter that I have on my 2005 Hunter 45 CC.
Jeff

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is a compact flash card, but as Les said you need to limit the size. The Raymarine system can not read the large cards.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The size of the system software is small , guessing 80 GB. Chart plot info is different size. I use 2 cards 200 GB.
Read the size of your San Card and then click on the link in my Post #8 above and you can find out what is needed for you E-120.
Jim...

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 49 123
Compact Flash card is a type of memory card - Scandisk is the maker of the card. Get a Scandisk brand CF card.

Feb 16, 2012
Compact Flash card is a type of memory card - Scandisk is the maker of the card. Get a Scandisk brand CF card.
I believe that compact flash card that I purchased was too large, have ordered a smaller size one. Thanks for everybody's help and input.
Jeff